Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pumpkin Guts and Yummy Treats!!!


Pumpkin guts, grumpy faces, crazy boys, and treats all around....that pretty much sums up what this last Thursday was all about for us! The Watson kids were on fall break from school, so we decided to get in the Halloween spirit with some pumpkin carving and carmel apple dipping.
Who would ever think that a bunch of crazy little boys would think that pumpkin guts were soooo scary and disgusting (I'm sure Uncle Ross wasn't helping things). After some stuffing of little hands into nasty pumpkin guts, everyone got over the slimeyness and had a great time. Little Miss Jacque didn't need any convincing, she ran outside and dug in, that's one tough little lady!! Everyone picked out a scary or grumpy pumpkin face and we turned out some pretty cool "jack-o-lanterns"!!
Next came movie and carmel apple time with everyone picking a favorite candy to coat their apple with....the only thing was, the boys didn't seem to want to eat them when they were done building them!! I couldn't believe it, I really think Shauna has somehow brainwashed them into being super healthy kiddos! After a little prompting, they decided that the inside (the apple) was good for their bodies, so it must be ok to eat after all :)
I was told that on the drive home, every one of the boys fell fast asleep...totally worn out from a day of October/Halloween fun! Thanks for coming up and sharing a part of your Fall Break with us here in Park City!!

13 comments:

Shauna said...

Sweet! Love this post! Love the story. . .love the slideshow. BY the way fun house was the perfect selection. ;) You guys rock! We had so much fun spending the afternoon in Park City. We feel so fortunate to live so close by family (at least some family :))Thanks again for the memories.

Becca said...

What a fun day!! You guys are awesome...the best aunt and uncle ever! I love that you're getting into the "season"... we did the same thing this weekend..well.. a much milder version! :) Cute pics too!

By the way, I still need to get you those boards! :) I'm not trying to steal them.. I promise!:) You just let me know when is a good time to drop them by! I can always use a good excuse to head to the outlets too! :)

MaDeb or Deb said...

I love your post and what a fun filled day! You two are like the best Aunt and Uncle ever..... I wish I was their, especially for the carmel APPLES. You wouldn't have to convince me that they're healthy. They're right up my alley!! I love that you're all so close and that you're creating such fun and special memories. You two are great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous. I should have skipped work and come to play. I like treats and pumpkins! :) It looks like you guys had a blast.

Brooke said...

Wow aren't you guys the coolest! I wish I was there with my little terrior! (sorry preggo brain can't spell today) Pumpkins are right up her alley! She likes to clean the insides out of the pumpkins! Looks like you guys had a great time! Hope to see you two soon!

Shauna said...

I just snagged all your photos. :) You might just see some repeats on my blog. :) Thank you ~ thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a super Auntie and Uncle!!! Look's like the "Sea Gulls" had a great time... even if the woman with the "lifestyle" has brainwashed them. We had a much quieter version of Halloween... just arguing over who's turn it was to answer the door. JUST KIDDING!!! We had a party we bagged on cuz Pappa wasn't feeling the greatest (and then it got worse later). But Halloween definitely has a lot of great memories associated with it. Glad Auntie Jen and Unc Ross have joined in the ritual.

Barrett Bunch said...

I love that you two are such a great auntie and uncle, wish we were closer, Ella would have loved to dig in with the boys!!!!

Brooke said...

NEW BLOG PLEASE!

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

I didn't know you were a blogger. Well I guess I should have your sissy is Shauna after all. Who hasn't she convinced to start blogging!!! Looks like a fun time with the kids. I think maybe it is time to update the blog though!!! It is January. Love ya

Shauna said...

What was your New Year's resolution again?? :) Can't wait to see your first blog. SOON!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Where's the latest stuff on the Johnsons??? You got'a do better than this... I think I've posted since you have!!! Com'on you guys, stop playing long enough to blog a little!

Jen said...

oops...we suck....